Home on the Range

Title:  Home on the Range
Author:  Ruth Logan Herne
Pages:  320
Year:  2016
Publisher:  Multnomah
My rating is 5 stars.
Home on the Range is the second book in the Double S series.  The first book is titled, Back in the Saddle. In the first novel, we are introduced to the Stafford family who own a ranch.  The elder Stafford is in ill health when we meet him and greatly aided by his housekeeper who has something in her past only she and Mr. Stafford know.  In the first novel, the story focuses on Colt who was at one time in the finance world of Wall Street and now returns to the farm dejected and demoralized.
In Home on the Range, Nick is the main character.  He is a single father, raising two little girls who are quite a handful and have totally opposite personalities.  Nick has been the head honcho directing all the activity and responsibility on the ranch.  He finds his greatest challenge is balancing that of being a single Dad with taking care of duties that tend to intrude upon his time with the girls.
Nick is introduced to a female family therapist who is a recluse as a result of a tragedy, but who tries to help the girls come to terms with the mother who abandoned them at such a young age.  Ruth Logan Herne tells audiences a very rollercoaster of an emotional tale that is quite believable.  As I read, I can see in my mind’s eye the different scenes occurring.  All in all, the story will tug on your heart in both making you laugh and perhaps creating a lump in your throat.
I am pretty certain a 3rd book will be forthcoming from the author focusing on the last son of the elder Stafford named Trey, but we shall see.  Whatever Ruth Logan Herne shares with her audience it will be worth the wait!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment

Popular Posts