Friday, November 4, 2016

Another Day Another Dali (Serena Jones Mystery #2)

Title:  Another Day Another Dali (Serena Jones Mystery #2)
Author:Sandra Orchard
Pages:336
Year:2016
Publisher: Revell
My rating is4 stars.
Serena Jones is working two cases of art theft in this mystery.  She goes undercover as a British hippy named Sara to try to discover the identity of an art forger.  She plays her mentor, Tanner’s, girlfriend while he investigates the Russian mafia.  She is also the maid of honor at her best friend Zoe’s wedding and is coerced into going bridesmaid dressing shopping.  Her Nana expects her to solve the mysterious disappearance of one of her friend’s paintings in record time.  So Serena has no pressure in life, right?  On top of that, she has two men in her life that she says are just friends, but every time she is with one or the other, she feels attracted to them.  She is confused about this and does her best to put that on the back burner.
As Serena’s search for clues and asking of questions continues, she faces danger around every corner as she is mugged, shot at, unknowingly activates a bomb, and discovers a dead body and much more.  She also discovers her Nana isn’t as anxious as Serena is to reopen her grandfather’s case, but she doesn’t know why.  Her grandmother has always been tight-lipped about that time.  Serena wonders why that is and plans to get to the bottom of things.
First of all, I love the title of the two books in the series so far…very clever!  The titles grabbed my attention and made me curious about the contents of the books.  Aunt Martha is a hoot.  I also find the romantic angle of the story entertaining.  I like the recurring mystery surrounding Serena’s grandfather’s murder.  Serena is slowly gathering pieces of the puzzle of the theft of one of his paintings as well as his murder.  I can’t wait to find out the culprit’s identity!  Another mystery is to be released in the summer of 2017 wherein I’m sure we will learn more about Serena’s romance and her ongoing fight to get justice for her grandfather.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment