Trust My Heart

Title:  Trust My Heart
Author:Carol J. Post
Pages:272
Year:2016
Publisher: Waterfall Press
My rating is 5 out of 5 stars.
Carol’s writing is one that draws the reader into a book heart, mind and soul.  The characters are crafted so well that they seem real instead of fictitious. The real issues in the story can be easily viewed in real peoples’ lives.  So, when I started the book, I didn’t stop until I completely finished it. I was so touched by the story.  Why?  The novel is telling a story of two characters that have experienced very deep heartaches and broken dreams in their lives.  Now, they meet when Grant comes to take care of his grandmother’s estate and Jami is a brand new reporter sent to interview the mysterious McAllister grandson.
What comes about is a story of friendship, broken hearts and dreams, misunderstandings, friendship and a desire by Grant to see real Christianity lived out by others.  Grant’s view of faith and religion comes from a deep hurt in his past.  Jami is one lady who shows him that real Christians are right in front of him.  Throughout the story there are many colorful and sometimes funny characters that make the book fun to read.
I have read other books by Carol J Post and it’s evident to me that she writes with her heart and faith.  The story bears out that hearts don’t heal overnight, that it takes time and the Lord to bring healing.  I loved how Jami’s character believed it was important to be who she was and true to her word even when faced with a situation or two where she could have compromised.  In the world of fiction, the author can craft a story that entertains, causes readers to feel as if they are right there and challenge readers too. The author accomplishes this feat very well.  I really hope many will read this novel, enjoy it and then share with others this good story!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment

Popular Posts