Sunday, December 25, 2016

A Colorado Christmas

Title:  A Colorado Christmas
Author:  William W. Johnstone & J. A. Johnstone
Pages:  336
Year:  2016
Publisher:  Pinnacle
My rating is 5+ stars.
Each year the Johnstone family releases a Christmas novel that brings together some of the best of both older and newer characters into a blazing, riveting story!  Here is another one that is without parallel to other Christmas Westerns.  There were other novels written the last few years by the Johnstones and I highly recommend reading each and every one.  While they are standalone books, it is fun to see what Wild West ride the author schemes to take the audience on!  Prior Christmas novels are as follows:  A Lone Star Christmas, Rocky Mountain Christmas, A Big Sky Christmas, A Frontier Christmas, and A Texas Hill Country Christmas with the newest one this year titled, A Colorado Christmas.
As usual I was captured by the story, especially when the author brought back a couple of older characters like Preacher and Eagle Eye Callahan.  There is a stranded orphan train in town with twenty orphans needing new homes, a detective trying to find a lost boy among the orphans and if that isn’t enough, there are romance and holiday celebrations to boot!
I don’t want to give away all that is brought together to tell such a story that has a plethora of happenings both on Smoke Jenson’s ranch and in town, especially when the antagonist who is an ex-con that has recently been paroled and goes on a killing spree as he carries out a plan of revenge and mayhem on an unsuspecting town.  When I started reading, I knew I was hooked as the story first begins in 1926 with flashbacks to what happened many moons ago, then returns to 1926 with a climactic conclusion that I never saw coming!  It was great!
So grab some of these wonderful books, sit back and enjoy going back to the Old West with familiar characters and surprising plots!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment