Saturday, December 3, 2016

Hearing God through Biblical Meditation


Title:  Hearing God through Biblical Meditation
Author:  Mark Virkler
Pages:  176
Year:  2016
Rating: 4 stars
Publisher:  Destiny Image
Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book from www.bookfun.org.  The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility. 
My reason for requesting the book was to hopefully gain fresh perspective and encouragement in hearing from God daily.  I love His Word and hearing His voice in my heart, stirring my spirit so it draws closer to Him is the passion of my heart.  One tool to use in daily devotions is journaling by writing my thoughts, what God spoke to my heart, what He showed me in His Word, etc.
The author begins the book with being transparent about his walk with learning to hear and good counsel on discerning whether one is hearing from God or not.  Great Biblical counsel on how to discern the voice by using the Word of God and seeing if the words one hears in their heart is consistent with the character of God in the Bible are just two of the four words of wisdom when drawing near to God with a heart longing to hear and grow to love Him more.
Each chapter from then on focuses on a particular topic, then room for journaling, a Scripture to meditate on and questions to provoke our hearts and mind.  The goal of the book is to help us focus on one Person and hopefully as we draw closer to Him quiet the other thoughts that tend to try and distract us in our time with God.

As with any human counsel please use discernment, ask God for wisdom and see what fruit the counsel produces in your walk with your Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ!
Post a Comment