Thursday, December 15, 2016

Storm (Braide Stone Chronicles #3)


Title:  Storm (Stone Braide Chronicles #3)
Author: Bonnie S. Calhoun
Pages: 400
Year: 2016
Publisher: Revell
My rating is 4 ½ stars out of 5!
Bonnie S. Calhoun continues her Stone Braide Chronicles with the third book Storm. Selah Rishon, her mother, brother, sister, and friends start off on the East Coast in Tic City to begin their quest to find the Third Protocol, which, if successful, will not only save Selah’s life but also the lives of all the Landers. If unsuccessful, Selah will fracture and die. Selah and her group of family and friends risk everything and encounter many dangers during their journey—blood hunters, winter storms, and fluctuations in the magnetic field due to the land’s upheaval when the Yellowstone supervolcano erupted hundreds of years previously. The group journeys to the domed cities of Cleveland, Chicago, and to the unknown lands farther west in search of reaching their goal…and saving Selah’s life.
One of the things that I like about Storm is the idea of a quest, a journey toward reaching a goal where the protagonist has much to gain and just as much to lose, including her life if the quest fails. I also like how her companions are willing to do everything necessary to protect Selah. No sacrifice is too large for those who love her. I appreciate how the story has a resolution, but it still leaves an opening for continuance should the author write another book with these characters, which seems likely due to what is revealed at the end of this story. The one thing that I struggled with early in the book was the pace seemed a little slow; however, as the story progressed, my interest grew until it was difficult to set the book down until I reached the end. Overall, Storm is a book that I would highly recommend, especially to those who like adventure, science fiction, and dystopian stories.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment