Monday, December 19, 2016

Two Crosses (Secrets of the Cross #1)

Title:  Two Crosses (Secrets of the Cross #1)
Author:  Elizabeth Musser
Pages:  464
Year:  2012
Publisher:  David C. Cook
My rating is 4 stars.
Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book from www.bookfun.org  The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility
The beginning of the novel lays the historical foundation during a time of war between Algeria and France.  The author includes some of the characters speaking parts in French followed by English for those of us who don’t know French.  While at first it was distracting, I became enamored with the beauty of the written language and trained myself to just read over the non-English words.  I enjoyed the beginning of the romance between one of the American Lecturers David Hoffman and Gabriella, who is an exchange student at the time.
Inside the cover are mysteries, drama, romance, and interesting historical facts like learning about Operation Hugo during this particular war.  With an ease that I believe comes from the heart of the author are many spiritual threads and themes that readers will find bring a beautiful perspective to the tale.  Readers will travel between the two nations at war, France and Algeria, as the chapters alternate between the two.  I found it interesting too that this took place the same year I was born so it was interesting to read about an event at the time of my birth.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment