Jupiter Storm by C. J. Darlington

Title:  Jupiter Storm
Author:  C. J. Darlington
Pages:  280
Year:  2016
Publisher:  Mountainview Books
My rating is 5 stars.
I don’t know if the author plans for this to become a trilogy, but I sure hope so as the first two books are a source of imaginative enjoyment!  The first book in the series is titled Jupiter Winds where we meet the Alexander family.  There are two factions that are fighting for control of earth and the way faith can ground people when life is at its toughest!
In Jupiter Storm, sudden wind storms come up with little to no warning, and the fight between the Mazdaar and Yein Dynasty becomes more dangerous.  Hoping to claim Jupiter as a place where people can live without the rule of Mazdaar is threatened when an unknown mole from Mazdaar undermines the plans of the “rebels”.  The Alexander family is totally united in fighting the anarchy of the Mazdaar, but having been separated for five years the two daughters, Rinney and Grey, are struggling with their feelings and separation from their parents for years.
Hope seems to be but one thread recurring throughout the books, and it is best to read the first book before reading the second as the story line is continuous.  While most of the time I am not a science fiction fan this author has done a supreme job in her writing to make it so believable that as I read I forgot most of the time I was reading a futuristic novel.
Other themes of deciding to believe truth and fight for it regardless of the cost, love of family is bigger than just having the same last name and deciding whether to cling to the Scriptural truths or that of lies.  There are extinct animals in the novels, interesting conflicts both internal and external with some of the players in the books.  I wasn’t bored one minute and I just couldn’t read and turn the pages fast enough!  Please, seriously consider sharing these novels with anyone who loves to read as they are well-crafted stories with action, adventure and faith.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment

Popular Posts