Sarah's Smile (The Daughters of Riverton #1)

Title:  Sarah’s Smile (The Daughters of Riverton #1)
Author:  Dawn Kinzer
Pages:  394
Year:  2016
Publisher:  Morningview Publishing
My rating is 5 out of 5 stars.
Dawn Kinzer writes a story that moves the heart of readers, and folks she is a brand new writer!  In her debut novel, we read about a friendship between Sarah McCall and Peter Caswell.  Sarah is a lone child who is raised by her maternal grandparents after her parents apparently abandoned her after dropping her off at their home.  Now she is an adult and has had her heart broken by many people and her hopes are dangling by mere threads.
Peter returns to his hometown as a widower with a young 4-year-old daughter in tow.  Peter, who always wanted to become a pastor, returns to take over leadership of his home church.  Peter’s life has been anything but easy as readers will discover; there is more to this character than meets the eye.  Peter’s lifelong friendship with Sarah turns into a rollercoaster ride when he returns home and begins talking with her.  Readers will ride the coaster as there seems hope that romance may be blooming with Sarah as well as ride a quick, downward, heart-dropping disappointment as obstacles come in their path.
Many characters in the novel are easy to identify with.  I loved how the small town atmosphere comes through poignantly in the book.  Wait till you reach the end and see where the author got her idea for the story; it’s pretty amazing!  I plan on reading book two of this series titled, Hope’s Dreams, which has also been published and I am expecting another wonderful tale.  As soon as I finish, I will share a little bit about the book with you.  Until then, really enjoy Sarah’s Smile as it is outstanding! 

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment

Popular Posts