Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Saratoga Letters By Elaine Marie Cooper

Title:  Saratoga Letters
Author:  Elaine Marie Cooper
Pages:  360
Year:  2016
Publisher:  Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas
My rating is 5 stars.
What an amazing storyteller the author is as her talent really shines throughout the novel!  The setting is during the Revolutionary War in New York where a young lady is alone in her cabin after her father dies.  Her cruel uncle comes and demands she help bring aid to the British, knowing she had patriotic leanings.  In order to use her to his side’s benefit, he takes her to a local hospital on a farm and introduces her as Mrs. Gillingham when she really is single, but women aren’t allowed to nurse unless they are married.
Now, 200 years later, an ancestor of the brave Mrs. Gillingham is returning for the bicentennial celebration of those whose ancestors served during the birth of America’s freedom.  Ian comes all the way from London to honor his father, who had died.  The Battle of Saratoga was one that brought astounding results to both armies and therefore to their descendants.
 Here is such a gripping tale that I couldn’t help but be drawn into and anticipate how the plot was going to end!  My heart was stirred as various actions and words brought to my mind bravery, honesty, chivalry, and the high cost many paid for America to be a nation.  There is mystery, action, danger, adventure, revenge, faith, and so much more.  I cannot say enough about how thoroughly enjoyable this book was to me.  It is fast paced with never a dull moment!
I hope that you will read the book and consider gifting a copy to other readers you know who love a good story with action and romance thrown in.  I will long remember this tale and after some time has passed I am sure I will reread it to enjoy it once again.  What an interesting way to tell a story that ties people together with 200 years in between!  Brilliant!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment