Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Because You’re Mine


Title:  Because You’re Mine
Author:  Colleen Coble
Pages:  336
Year:  2017
Publisher:  Thomas Nelson
My rating is 5 out of 5 stars.
I just finished the book and my heart rate is still up!  Early on, I thought I had pretty much figured out what was happening; yet, the author kept the peddle on suspense all the way until the very end!  I enjoyed reading about characters whose nationality was Irish.  The description of the land, smells and places put me right into the thick of the land I hope to someday see with my own eyes.  I also enjoyed that the music group was Celtic as my family and I enjoy the talents, language and music that can enrich one’s heart.
There were surprises when I was getting near the end like what Barry might have hid behind a locked door on one floor of the huge house or the way the nanny was living now that there were no longer young children in the home requiring care.  The tension between Barry, the manager and Liam, the husband, toward Allana and Jesse was palpable and slowly Colleen reveals the why.
The novel just seemed to flow easily as I read while slowly turning up the psychological part of the book.  There was one part that told me something more was going on, but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it until the author tells us what she kept hidden.  It’s hard to say much more about the novel without accidently letting out a spoiler, so I will just say one more thing.  If one is looking for a great thriller that pulls you in from the beginning to the end, here is a book not to pass up!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment