Monday, February 6, 2017

Don’t Know Jack (The Hunt for Reacher Series #1)

Title:  Don’t Know Jack (The Hunt for Reacher Series #1)
Author:  Diane Capri
Pages:  340
Year:  2012
Publisher:  August Books
My rating is 5 stars.
If you have seen the two movies about Jack Reacher starring Tom Cruise, then you are at least familiar with the character or perhaps you know the character or story behind the Jack Reacher series via another author, friend or family member.  Either way, I came across Diane’s books when perusing an online store website.  I contacted the author and as they say the rest is history.  I read her latest novel, which starts a new series titled Blood Trails and I wanted to read more to discover how the author crafts the man no one can seem to locate, Jack Reacher.
In Don’t Know Jack, two FBI Special Agents are tasked with locating and building a file on Jack Reacher as he has completely disappeared after his service in the army.  Both agent Otto and Gaspar will take you across the nation to find Jack or people who knew him, sometimes coming to a town right after Reacher has been there.  What at first seems like a simple assignment begins to reveal to both the agents that there is more going on than they are aware of.
On top of that, their assignment is blacked out so they can’t tell anyone what they are doing, have access to sources as well as the government will deny them should they call attention to themselves.  Diane Capri shares with readers a great suspense filled and mysterious tale with the man who seems like a ghost, Jack Reacher.  Readers will enjoy the book from start to finish and I plan on reading more from the pen of Diane.  While there are a couple uses of foul language, there is no sex of any kind, just a spell-binding work of fiction that takes readers on an adventure via their imagination.
Next up are two novellas in the series, so watch for the reviews!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment