The Occupies (A Trevor Black Novel)

Title:  The Occupies (A Trevor Black Novel)
Author:  Craig Parshall
Pages:  448
Year:  2016
Publisher:  Tyndale
My rating is 5+ out of 5 stars.
When I first read the synopsis and saw a media trailer about the novel, I wasn’t so sure about reading it. Frankly, it sounded scary and something perhaps geared for men to read as the lead character is a man who of course deals with manly issues.  However, there is more to the book than meets the eye.  I am so glad that I read the novel as there is a deep and powerful message that Craig Parshall has crafted.
While there are places where the lead male character named Trevor sees demons and experiences their power or sees how they can influence people, that isn’t all there is to the book.  While Trevor is a disbarred lawyer who tries to explain to a judge why he can’t represent a client because he sees a demon, it is the beginning of a journey for Trevor that really started in his childhood.
As I read the story I began to understand that Trevor is seeing into the spiritual realm and doesn’t understand how to handle it.  There is a minor character that comes alongside him to aid his understanding.  Trevor is on a spiritual journey where he is going to learn about the power of God that surpasses the power of the prince of the air.
Trevor is also becoming involved in a murder mystery that has stymied law enforcement and stretched from New York to Trevor’s hometown.  The victims range from people he has no personal connection with to those who were childhood friends.  The ending is extremely powerful and one I didn’t see coming.  I believe anyone who reads the novel won’t soon forget the powerful impact to their heart when coming to the conclusion and understanding what a brilliantly crafted tale leads to real truth!
I hope readers who want suspense, tension, action, adventure and a powerful spiritually impacted story will read the book and share with other fans!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment

Popular Posts