Zero Day (John Puller Series #1)


Title:  Zero Day (John Puller Series #1)
Author:  David Baldacci
Pages:  448
Year:  2012
Publisher:  Grand Central Publishing
My rating is 5+ out of 5 stars.
My first novel that I read from this author was a story in another series with the main character being a man named Amos Decker.  After I read those, I decided to try another series by the author and I am glad to share with you how fantastic this novel was to read!  The John Puller series I think is going to be just as thrilling and suspense filled as David’s other novels.
John Puller Jr. is in the Army CID.  When an Army Colonel is found murdered, he is tasked with solving the crime.  What at first appearance looks to be a somewhat hard and often trying case to solve turns out to be just the tip of the iceberg!  John ends up in a small town in West Virginia that looks like its dying a slow death, but what occurs thereafter is the uncovering of decades old trouble with new antagonists.  On top of that, John’s father is in a home being cared for because his mind is slowly losing ground and his brother is in jail for treason.
The author weaves a thriller that includes the military, local law enforcement, civilians and a government cover up.  The case could be the last one of John’s career as he isn’t getting help to find those responsible for the Colonel’s death and bodies are starting to stack up as John comes closer ever so slowly to the final piece that will expose the danger to America!

The next book in the series is titled, The Forgotten, which I cannot wait to start to see what case John will be working and where!  I hope you take time to really enjoy this suspense thriller because it is well crafted and there are surprises in the plot I never saw coming that were brilliantly inserted!  There is no sex in the book, which I am always grateful for and just some use of foul language.  However, the story is what will draw and keep your attention until the very last page and emotionally packed ending!  Read and see!
Post a Comment

Popular Posts