Saturday, March 25, 2017

Mercy at Midnight


Title:  Mercy at Midnight

Author:  Sylvia Bambola

Pages:  408

Year:  2016

Publisher:  Heritage Publishing House

My rating is 5+ out of 5 stars.

My introduction into the author’s writing style was when I read her novel, The Daughters of Jim Farrell a year ago or so.  When Mercy at Midnight came out, I knew I had to read the book.  Why?  I found Sylvia’s stories well-crafted.  She deals with issues head on and tells a heart-gripping story right from the start!  There are other books by this author I have yet to read, but they are in my reading pile or list to enjoy very soon!

Mercy at Midnight weaves together threads of homelessness and redemption right alongside action, danger and mystery.  The main character is a pastor named Jonathan who is a prayer warrior, tries very earnestly to obey the Spirit’s leading even when he doesn’t understand the why of it and yet his struggles are transparent to Jonathan.  The female lead is a news reporter named Cynthia who has a nose for a story, and this one she is on right now might cost her more than she thinks if she isn’t careful.

Jonathan’s past plays a role in who he is today in the story and opening a homeless shelter was the last thing he wanted to do.  Some of his actions in the book reminded me of the ways God used Old Testament prophets to bring his message in a very real in your face kind of way.  Cynthia’s past influenced her decisions to erect walls around her heart, but with her latest undercover experience she just might find her walls slowly coming down.

Throughout the book I read and loved some of the background characters whose personalities were unique.  I loved the possible budding romance between the pastor and reporter and the way the book ended was great as it leaves to the imagination of readers in a way.  I cannot wait to see what Sylva brings to her readers in 2017 because her books are engrossing, entertaining and enrapture the heart of readers.  Please read Mercy at Midnight and see if she doesn’t soon become one of your favorite authors and you find yourself reading her other fantastic novels!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment