Of Moose and Men


Title:  Of Moose and Men

Author:  Torry Martin & Doug Peterson

Pages:  224

Year:  2016

Publisher:  Harvest House Publishing

My rating is 5 out of 5 stars.

This book is about the hilarious misadventures of Torry Martin and his friend Rob in the beautiful but dangerous state of Alaska.  I say dangerous, but only because of the bears and other predators that live in the wilderness.  In each hilarious misadventure that Torry reiterates, he finds God working in mysterious ways.  For this hippie, his trials work to make his spiritual life stronger in his walk with God, which is an inspiration to all of us (however hilarious).

I would recommend this book to others for its clean humor and insights that God can use anyone, even a misfit like Torry Martin to use his gifts to inspire others to find God.  At the end of each chapter, he makes some excellent points such as at the end of the final chapter he states that Jesus doesn’t promise an easy life once you have accepted Him, but things are easier to bear knowing we will be with Him in the end.  I like also how he writes this book with a wonderful sense of humor.  I hope others who read this book not only read it for a good laugh, but also find the spiritual insights the author(s) give that in the midst of life’s craziness our Heavenly Father is always with us.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment

Popular Posts