Monday, April 24, 2017

A Fragile Hope


Title:  A Fragile Hope

Author:  Cynthia Ruchti

Pages:  320

Year:  2017

Publisher:  Abingdon

My rating 5+ out of 5 stars.

There are times in my life when I start a book that I know is going to tug at my heart strings and I am going to “feel” the story.  Here is one of those stories that sure enough slowly and surely pulls a reader in and the reader cannot help but to continue even when the heart is feeling the emotions certain characters are created to feel or portray.

The author has been one of my favorites for a very long time, and this book just cements it for me.  It wasn’t an easy book to read in the sense I felt deeply about the scene(s) I was involved in, but I also wanted to know how it was going to end.  Not all stories real or otherwise have happy endings.  We all know that isn’t real life, so part of me tried to brace my heart for the ending I thought was coming.  However, what came was so much better than what I anticipated because it was filled with the best touch of heart mixed with wisdom and truth.

I won’t share the ending because while it’s true I don’t want to ruin it for others, it is more about experiencing the story being shared.  The author shares how people shared their life stories with her and some ended well, but others sadly didn’t.  What I loved about the book and really encourage people to read it is for the experience but also the rare glimpse we get into the world of trauma with its ripple effects.  Plus, we get inside the main character, Josiah, hearing his thoughts, emotions, questions, struggling with his faith and in many ways coming awake to the world he closed off, which had dire ramifications he was clueless about.

Absolutely the best novel from this author to date!  When readers are done, I hope they find her other books and enjoy those as well for each is as distinct as one person is from another.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment