Always Watching (Elite Guardians #1)


Title:  Always Watching (Elite Guardians #1)

Author:  Lynette Eason

Pages:  336

Year:  2016

Publisher:  Revell

My rating 5+ out of 5.

Being an avid reader is such a blessing as I come across authors whose other writings I have read and liked; such is the case with Lynette Eason.  This series is showcasing four women who have various experiences in law enforcement including military, federal, state or local.  In the first novel, we are introduced to the team as well as focusing on Olivia Edwards who assumes the role of bodyguard for Wade Savage when one of her partners is critically injured by an as yet unknown assailant.

What rush I got the further into the story I moved with increasing danger, action, adventure, possible romance and fragile faith that centers around Olivia’s constant work to keep Wade alive.  Wade has a stalker who is upping her game plan and the inability to capture this person is causing havoc in Wade and his daughter, Amy’s, life.  Olivia, along with her team, decides to bring in extra help when it proves more difficult to keep the Savages alive.  Olivia finds the terrain too vast with more than enough possibilities for the perpetrator(s) to carry out their nefarious plans.

Olivia is a woman who has many skills as well as many personal life experiences that she uses to help fuel her desire to help others in rough situations.  Olivia’s past and her personality really intrigued me as well as the heart issues she wrestles with even when working.  I believe Lynette has once again written a high octane suspense filled thriller many would enjoy and quickly lose sense of time reading.  I never wanted to put the book down even when my eyes were tired!  The second book in the series it titled, Without Warning, and I will share my thoughts when I am through reading.
Post a Comment

Popular Posts