Restoring Love (A Contemporary Novel)


Title:  Restoring Love (A Contemporary Novel)

Author:  Jennifer Slattery

Pages:  324

Year:  2017

Publisher:  New Hope Publishers

My rating 4 out of 5 stars.

Jennifer Slattery writes novels that I believe are born out of real heart for people in all types of life to experience God’s transforming love.  I have read each of her novels and each are unique, bringing out different aspects of faith as it intersects with the characters’ experiences.  Here is another exceptional story that draws readers into situations that can be seen or read about anywhere.

Basically, the novel reveals how God can take broken lives, hearts and spirits and restore with love, hope and faith.  Angela is one of my favorite characters who though she has lots of questions and doesn’t understand a lot of what it means or looks like to be a Christian, continues to put herself out there for others.  Angela is not a young woman nor is the man she meets named Mitch who has some his own baggage he brings into the relationship.

Hope is what one experiences when reading the novel as readers will see no matter how hard life can be, God can reach deeper still to hearts that are open.  Mitch is a man who is in a hard place with his ex-wife and one of his sons that involves co-dependency and drugs.  What does tough love look like in that type of situation including the fact that Mitch comes from a Christian point of view while others don’t?

I think the novel is an excellent example of going where the hurting and broken are, and being the hands and feet of Christ.  The story shows that God works through those who are called by His name to love on those who don’t yet know Him or understand anything about Him during heart-breaking times.  This is a good novel that people can read and be uplifted by.  Good job Jennifer!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment

Popular Posts