Tuesday, May 16, 2017

My review of Robin's novel: Convenient Lies


Title:  Convenient Lies

Author:  Robin Patchen

Pages:  394

Year:  2016

Publisher:  Create Space

My rating 5+ out of 5 stars.

There are authors who can tell a good story and there are those who tell a story in such a way it leaves readers wanting more.  Readers can tell too if a book isn’t worth reading.  Robin Patchen is more than a story teller!  In Convenient Lies, she drew me into a world where secrets were kept for a variety of reasons, and lies were told as easy as turning on a light switch.  When the main female character, Reagan McAdams, searches out and finds the truth, her world begins spinning out of control.  On top of that her newborn son is the one thing that will make her “husband” continue chasing her around the globe until he retrieves his only heir.

So, Reagan goes to the one person she believes will help her take care of a baby while being on the run.  What Reagan doesn’t expect is her past catching up to her at the same time.  Who can she trust?  I found myself constantly reading and turning pages as the suspense never seemed to wane.  The intrigue and danger with nefarious characters made the tension of the story very palpable for me.  The budding romance and dealing with past issues while trying to stay a step ahead of danger was another thread that kept pulling me deeper into the book.

Readers of suspense, international intrigue, tension, romance, mystery and the fight for justice will have hours of pure enjoyment reading Robin’s novels.  I found too that what one character as she grew older thought she wanted ended up bringing her great heartache and danger.  I loved too how the thrill of reading the story never let up.  In fact, as soon as I was done reading this book I wanted to read her next novel in the series.

The characters continue from one book to the next, the sequel, which is available now and titled, Twisted Lies!  I sure hope the author has another novel planned as I want more stories with these characters that are filled with hours of engaging entertainment!



Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment