Tuesday, May 2, 2017

My Review of Snow Country (A Copper Island Novel #1)


Title:  Snow Country (A Copper Island Novel #1)

Author:  Kristen Neva

Pages:  286

Year:  2016

Publisher:  Christmas Tree House

My rating 5 out of 5 stars.

The story in Snow Country was a very touching and engaging one.  In fact, I could not book the book down until I had read the whole thing!  There were many reasons why I kept reading.  For instance, one reason was the love of a granddaughter for her mother and the area she lived in, which was the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  Another was the tension between a couple of different family members, especially when it came to the grandmother’s health.  Then, there was the possible on again off again romance between Beth and a state trooper named Danny.  Plus, the way the author painted pictures of the area, scenes and customs of the small town in which her story took place.  There were a few times I found myself laughing at various descriptions regarding an outside sauna that will crack you up!  There are different cultures and languages in the area and the author was kind enough to give a short glossary at the beginning of the book.

The small-town feel comes through the book very well.  It makes me want to go and smell the fresh air and enjoy the closeness of small town living.  The hardest part was when grandma was diagnosed with an illness, but even then, there is a feeling of hope and dependency that God will use it to being glory to Himself.  The characters are learning about themselves and how they can live in close unity as well as for some have healthy marriages during really rough seasons.

The author has another book in the series coming out June of 2017, so please get this read before it comes out.  Your heart will be touched, your faith renewed and a longing to share this book with others will have taken root!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment