Review of "True to You"


Title:  True to You (A Bradford Sisters #1)

Author:  Becky Wade

Pages:  384

Year:  2017

Publisher:  Bethany

My rating 4 out of 5 stars.

Nora is the main female lead who is a genealogist whose love of fictional novels keeps her in another world.  When she is asked to participate in a staged emergency situation by her sister Britt, she reluctantly agrees.  As noises are happening and then the sprinkler system goes off dousing people, she isn’t sure what her next move should be.  While sitting there a man comes in and picks her up, removing her from the scenario and her heart begins to beat harder.

John seeks Nora out to help him locate his biological family because of a recent diagnosis and time is of the essence.  At first, the book starts out in a way that didn’t really capture my attention at all.  Plus, it is different from other books I have read written by the author.  Now, that is not bad just different and took a little getting used to.

The strongest aspect of Becky’s storytelling is her threads of faith woven throughout the story.  Those threads are highlighted as they are set against a lifelike situation that is heart-touching for Nora and John.  There is a free novella titled, “Then Came You”, which helps set up the framework for this novel. Finding one’s biological parents was a moving part of the tale and though I can’t relate to how one feels about it, I can see why some are looking for their birth mother in situations as in the book.

I have no idea when the sequel will be out, so be on the watch for it after reading the prequel and then True to You!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment

Popular Posts