The Beloved Hope Chest (An Amish Heirloom Novel #4)


Title:  The Beloved Hope Chest (An Amish Heirloom Novel #4)

Author:  Amy Clipston

Pages:  320

Year:  2017

Publisher:  Zondervan

My rating 5 out of 5 stars!

The end.  Those words are the hardest to read in this series as I have really enjoyed the characters and each one’s tale woven with heart and faith.  The first three books in the series are The Forgotten Recipe, The Courtship Basket and The Cherished Quilt.  In each book, the focus is on a daughter of Leroy and Mattie Fisher with a snippet of the parents’ past that none of the daughters knows.  For years Mattie has been able to keep the past in the past, but now she knows it is time to tell her story to her daughters as they are grown women.

I found Mattie’s story really compelling, especially the fact that Leroy though tempted to give up on Mattie many times, pursued her with such a deep love.  While he does give her time without any contact from him, what it shows Mattie is how much she does truly love Leroy.  The tale shows too how grief has no time limit and much grace with patience needs to be extended to someone who is walking through the valley even though they wish they could be someplace else.

Amy Clipston writes stories of faith, heart and realistic characters which makes readers able to connect with them and keep reading for a long time.  I am an eclectic reader for the most part and am always on the lookout for authors who love to tell a compelling story with heart and this author excels at doing just that and more!  So, if you have never read her books before, this is a great series to begin with.  Beware though as once you start you’ll never want to miss another book again!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment

Popular Posts