Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Rabbi Teach Us to Pray (What the Jewishness of Jesus can Teach Christians About Prayer)


Title:  Rabbi Teach Us to Pray (What the Jewishness of Jesus can Teach Christians About Prayer)

Author:  Aaron Eby

Pages:  80

Year:  2017

Publisher:  First Fruits of Zion

My rating 5 out of 5 stars.

First, let me say this isn’t a “how to” book; it struck me as being a “why to” book.  The more I am learning about the Jewish culture and thought process, the more I am aware of how much deeper I have yet to grow in the Lord.  Unlike western culture that tends to compartmentalize life, the Jewish life is interwoven with spiritual life in all aspects.  It really is a wonderful way to live and think that is 180 degrees from what I have known to date.

In this short book, Aaron Eby shares eye-opening and heart-impacting truths about Jesus, Jewish life and prayer.  It showed me how life-giving prayer can be instead of just repetition and lifeless.  I was touched to learn what the Jewish women use for prayer and how they live to pray.  When the disciples asked Jesus to teach them how to pray, we now can gain deeper insight into what The Lord’s Prayer can mean to us as it touches our lives.

I hope you take time to read the book as it doesn’t take but a short amount of time.  Plus, I hope and pray your heart and life are touched, challenged and changed after you finish the book!
Post a Comment