Monday, June 12, 2017

The Most Misused Stories in the Bible


Title:  The Most Misused Stories in the Bible
Author:  Eric J. Bargerhuff
Pages:  176
Year:  2017
Publisher:  Bethany
My rating 4 out of 5.
I read the book in a couple of sittings so I could digest what the author was presenting.  There are some very good points the author makes to correct misapplied or misunderstood parts of the Bible.  I agree with the author who states that context determines the meaning along with using the whole counsel of God.
Most of what is presented is definitely food for thought.  There are a few chapters though where I disagreed with the author mainly because it promotes Church to the exclusion of the Jewish people.  In other words, he leaves out the need for a historical, ethnic and understanding of the times when these events took place.  The other problem was where I felt he was encouraging people to the New Testament while downplaying or ignoring The Old Testament.
So regardless of what I think, if you read the book please read discerningly.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Post a Comment