Weaver’s Needle


Title:  Weaver’s Needle

Author:  Robin Caroll

Pages:  320

Year:  2017

Publisher:  Shiloh Run Press

My rating 5 out of 5 stars.

What an interesting story!  Two people with different backgrounds and experiences are hired to retrieve a map that supposedly discloses the location of The Old Dutchman Mine.  The main characters are Landy, who is a former MP and Nickolai, who is a former police officer.  Now they both run independent recovery services.

When an elderly woman hires them both to locate the map, she unwittingly sets into motion what at first is a highly completive race to locate the map to claim the reward offered.  What happens though is the race sets off something far more nefarious as many attempts are made on their lives.  Both people run into the Native Americans who occupy the land and swear to protect the gold.

There is action, danger, murder, intrigue, romance and faith throughout the novel.  Robin Caroll is one excellent storyteller who brings a whole plethora of characters from a variety of backgrounds to weave a compelling tale.  Landry is the lead female character who has some baggage from her past that she is still learning to live with and understand.  Nickolai is the lead male who isn’t a Christian yet, but is still bound by the past tragedies that he takes the blame for and can’t seem to let go of to live free of that burden.

The ending I thought was a stroke of genius and I really was surprised!  I love the fact that her books are faith centered and her ability to draw the reader into the story like we’re really there is well done!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment

Popular Posts