Wednesday, June 14, 2017

With This Peace


Title:  With This Peace

Author:  Karen Campbell Prough

Pages:  346

Year:  2017

Publisher:  Firefly Southern Fiction

My rating 5 out of 5 stars.

Ella Dessa is a woman whose story we learn in Karen’s first book, The Girl Called Ella Dessa followed by Within the Candle’s Glow.  I highly recommend you read each book in order as Ella’s character goes through many experiences that change her heart and life before we read about her again in this novel set in the year 1847.

Ella has a tender heart and her life has been rough.  Life during this time is harsh, especially as she moves from Georgia to Florida with her husband and two children.  Indians are but one obstacle to avoid, along with alligators and rattlesnakes.  Ella must carefully navigate new waters of various encounters with people in a land where people aren’t physically close but danger lurks with the wildlife coming close to the ones she loves.

In the novel, Ella must decide if she can endure one more heartache.  Her friend Luke helps her navigate the way to at least a temporary safe place until Ella’s husband can return to her.  All three of Karen’s novels about Ella Dessa are heart-grabbing and one never wants to stop reading the story!  Karen has a way for drawing her readers in and keep them turning the pages for hours to see what is just around the bend for Ella to experience.  I can say one better be prepared for surprise twists and turns in a novel that is just exceptional.

I don’t know if this is where Karen will leave her character, Ella Dessa, but I sure have enjoyed reading each novel in the series.  These are very moving tales that I will read again sometime in the future and hope you want to read them today!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment