Chasing Secrets (Elite Guardians #4)


Title:  Chasing Secrets (Elite Guardians #4)

Author:  Lynette Eason

Pages:  331 (ARC)

Year:  2017

My rating is 4 out of 5 stars.

Haley Callaghan is a body guard as well as the founder of a local teen center that helps underprivileged kids stay off the streets and out of trouble.  After finishing her last case, she heads for home only to realize she is being followed again.  She soon discovers that a detective from Ireland has come to the States looking for her with an incredible story.  She isn’t sure she believes what he tells her, but she also can’t ignore that it could be true.  She also undertakes the protection of a poor family in a bad section of town when she is almost the victim of a mugging.

Haley also meets her friend Quinn’s new partner who has transferred from Chicago.  Steve Rothman has been called home by his mother to help care for his dying father.  Steve has avoided home as much as possible as the memories of the murder of his 12-year-old brother continue to plague him.  He meets Haley and is fascinated by her spirit and grit.  He can’t seem to stop her from invading his thoughts.  He wants to get to know her better, but knows this isn’t the right time to get involved in a relationship.  Tell that to his heart!  He feels protective toward Haley even though he knows she can take care of herself as she is the victim of two drive-by shootings in one day and a death threat.  Could these attempts on her life be connected to the detective from Ireland or are they related to her new client?

What I like about Ms. Eason’s books is they always have the element of faith woven into them; this book is no different.  The characters not only talk about their faith, but they live it.  It isn’t something they participate in on Sunday and then leave it at the door on the way out of church.  I like the suspense and mystery too.  The characters are easy to get to know and get involved with their lives.  I always look forward to reading one of her stories because I get a good mystery and romance each and every time!  I’m looking forward to her new series titled Blue Justice as I know there will be plenty of action and suspense.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment

Popular Posts