The Legacy (Secrets of the Shetlands #3)


Title:  The Legacy (Secrets of the Shetlands #3)

Author:  Michael Phillips

Pages:  464

Year:  2017

Publisher:  Bethany House

My rating 5 out of 5.

What an exciting conclusion to the series!  The various threads of romance, spirituality, history and how it affected the various family members was truly inspiring to read!  The only place that seemed a little tedious for me was the section where letters between family members from Loni’s past became somewhat burdensome to read.  Other than that, the whole series was fascinating to see one family’s ancestry and how it was connected through the many generations known by journals and letters left behind by those who came before.

I loved how the author took time to craft a tale with such depth of heart and meaning, plus the many twists and turns in the story to keep me turning pages for hours.  Reading all three books in order helped me experience such excitement that sometimes is missing when authors shorten some parts of their tale.  Michael Phillips does a fabulous job showing us how important it is to pass on the stories of our ancestors and others, as well as leaving a legacy of story for those yet to come.

The clan highlighted and family members weren’t perfect, but the truth of praying for them and not being ugly in return is a challenging truth!  The ending to me leaves what happens next to the minds of those who have enjoyed the series, characters, ups and downs, etc.  One of my favorite parts was when Loni thought to destroy her own journal because she viewed her journey as complete.  What happens next, you’ll discover when you read the book, but I love how the importance of leaving a written legacy whether in a journal form or notations in Bibles, books, etc. is a point perhaps we need to take to heart in a time with so much instant communication that those who come after us will never see, such as texts, pictures, emails, etc.

No matter where you are, grab the set and be prepared to travel via your imagination across the ocean and back as you get lost in the pages of Loni’s tale!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Post a Comment

Popular Posts