Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Finding Amanda


Title:  Finding Amanda

Author:  Robin Patchen

Pages:  268

Year:  2015

Publisher:  JDO Publishing

My rating 5 out of 5 stars.

The cover of the book quickly grabbed my attention and when I read the synopsis, I knew I wanted to read this book.  Here is a tale about Amanda Johnson who is married to a popular chef and blogger.   Amanda’s past that she revealed privately to her husband years later is one she now wants to make known through her memoir.  Amanda is a survivor of abuse by her psychiatrist and now that he knows what she plans on publishing, he is coming after her and plans on successfully keeping her this time.

For me, it was very moving story of restoration of Amanda’s heart and her life.  There are many twists and turns in the plot along with the feeling of impending, even deathly danger.  I was left waiting for it as I kept turning pages.  I felt for Amada’s husband as he was reeling from her wanting separation.  Remember, this is a work of fiction not fact and doesn’t reflect on the field of the many doctors who are trustworthy.

I thought the author did a great job of showing the husband’s perseverance with God’s help in standing with Amanda.  Both characters are learning at different times and ways that God is the one who can do more than they could ask or think.  The author does a fantastic job of showing the heartache, pain and time it takes to allow God to work in hearts to bring about forgiveness, restoration and renewal of joy!
Post a Comment