The Inheritance (Secrets of Shetland #1)


Title:  The Inheritance (Secrets of Shetland #1)

Author:  Michael Phillips

Pages:  432

Year:  2016

Publisher:  Bethany House

My rating 5 out of 5 stars.

I read the novel the first time when it was originally published.  When I learned there were to be other installments of the story, I decided to wait until they were all available so I could read all three books and see the total sum of the tale together.  By the time the third book came out, I knew I had to read book one again as there were so many threads of the novel I was sure I had forgotten most of it by 2017.

I must confess that I enjoyed the novel more the second time through, perhaps it was because I was able to read it without being hurried or because I just wanted to refresh my memory.  Either way I again was absorbed in the legacy, land and people of Whales Reef Island where most of the tale takes place.  Other times it was fun to travel back to the United States with the main character, Loni, as she was attempting to become attached to her roots.

Loni is working in Washington D. C. when she is told she has an inheritance waiting for her on an island from a person she never heard of or knew.  When her journey to find out who she really is inside differs from the past of being raised by her grandparents and now being told she has ties to Scotland, well she is more confused than ever!  Please enjoy the series as all three books eventually point readers to the importance of knowing one’s legacy and how journaling might be an avenue of discovery!
Post a Comment

Popular Posts